The African Union appoints the High-Level Delegation to Burundi
The Chairperson of the African Union (AU), H.E Idriss Deby Itno of the Republic of Chad, recalls the decision taken by the 26th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the African Union, held from 30 to 31 January 2016, to dispatch a High-Level delegation to Burundi for consultations with the Burundian Government and other Burundian stakeholders.
The Chairperson of the Union, after consultations, announces the composition of the High- Level delegation as follows, representing the five regions :
- H.E Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania (North Africa region);
- H.E Jacob Zuma of the Republic of South Africa (Southern Africa region)
- H.E Macky Sall of the Republic of Senegal (West Africa region),
- H.E Ali Bongo Ondimba of the Republic of Gabon (Central Africa region),
- H.E Hailemariam Desalegn of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (Eastern Africa Region)
It is to be recalled that the mandate of the High-Level delegation is to consult with the Government, as well as with other Burundian actors, on the inclusive dialogue and the deployment of the African Prevention and Protection Mission in Burundi (MAPROBU), if accepted by the Government of Burundi.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of African Union Commission (AUC).